Pages

Amtrans Gold Plated OFC Wired TPA3116D2 (Sold to Dean M. in Massachussetts)





This is the first amplifier I've built that incorporates Amtrans gold plated oxygen free copper hook up wire.  The wire is teflon insulated and expensive at $14 for 3 feet.  You may not be a believer that wire makes a difference in audio reproduction.  I do.   Other parts used in this build is an Alps Blue Velvet volume pot,  solid brass, gold plated, five way binding posts, real walnut veneer & a genuine Peavey guitar knob.  My favorite new accent is the solid brass switch and solid machined brass on/off plate. 
The "Audiobah" sourced circuit board is mounted on vibration isolating neoprene washers and 3M elastomer pads are affixed to the bottom of the chassis.  

I received these unsolicited comments after the amp was delivered:
The amp sounded great out of the box, but I  wanetd to let it burn in for a few days before I got back to you about the sound.  In short, it sounds fantastic.  I'm not great with the adjectives, but suffice to say you knocked this one out of the park!

Many thanks,
Dean

No comments: